If you are seeking help for a drinking problem, call our 24-hour hotline:
410-268-5441 or stop in to our office located at 169 Duke of Gloucester Street in
Annapolis, Md. 21401 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. If you're not sure if you have a drinking problem, look at the pamphlet "Is A.A. For You?".
For more about Alcoholics Anonymous, please visit the A.A. website in New York.
Welcome to the Annapolis Area Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous
- For Group Treasurers: the Group Contribution Form blank has been updated to include email addresses, as requested by the Area Committee and District treasurers. Postal mailing addresses have also been updated.
- Would you like to receive the AAIG Bulletin each month in your e-mail? Please visit our Subscriptions page for more information.
- Your Intergroup is looking for individuals to serve as Committee members for our Committees, including the Activities Committee. For information about all of our committees, see our Committees webpage. Please contact the Intergroup if you are interested.
- We added a list of non-English speaking meetings
- We've added new guidelines for groups who volunteer to host our Alcathons. If your group would like to sponsor an upcoming Alcathon, please see our schedule and tell your Intergroup representative. If you don't yet have an Intergroup representative, contact our Outreach committee, who will explain about the IGR.
What are we?
The AAIG consists of a group of representatives from each A.A. group in central, western, and southern Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Together, we provide services for the A.A. groups in the region and for individuals or organizations seeking information about alcoholism and Alcoholics Anonymous. These services include: a monthly newsletter, a consolidated list of A.A. meetings in and around the region, a 24-hour hotline for those seeking help or information, this website, and an inventory of A.A. literature available for purchase.
The Intergroup Council meets the third Tuesday of most months in the Belcher Pavilion, Anne Arundel Medical Center, 7th floor, Annapolis, Maryland. Additionally, the Executive Committee meets at least nine times annually on the first Tuesday of the month, at the "Red House" in historic Annapolis.
Detailed descriptions of each of these bodies, as well as a description of the functions of each AAIG committee can be found in the AAIG Bylaws.